A unique opportunity to hear answers from and exchange ideas with some of the most influential voices in business, finance, politics and the media.
As the world’s oldest weekly magazine, The Spectator has been a buzzing centre of British public debate since 1828 — and increasingly that debate takes the form of live events as well as in traditional print and in our online Coffee House forum. Spectator Business, launched in 2008, has fast established a reputation for bringing to financial journalism, intelligence and verve that readers expect from a Spectator title.
Paths Back to Prosperity, our first full-scale conference, will combine all those qualities with a line-up of world-class speakers, from political rising stars George Osborne and James Purnell to business leaders such as Marcus Agius and Sir Martin Sorrell. Please see below for details of confirmed speakers and topics that will be covered.
* Will Hutton, The Work Foundation
* Richard Lambert, The Confederation of British Industry (CBI)
* Sir Samuel Brittan, Financial Times
* Dr Vince Cable MP, Liberal Democrats
* Sir Martin Jacomb, Canary Wharf Group PLC
* Neil Collins, Thomson Reuters
* Matt Brittin, Google UK
* Jamie Murray Wells, Glasses Direct
* Jonathan Kestenbaum, NESTA
* Peter Bazalgette, TV producer & former Creative Director of Endemol
* Sir Richard Sykes, NHS London
* Michael Rea, The Carbon Trust
* Trevor Phillips, Equality and Human Rights Commission
* Capitalism Will Never Be the Same Again
* What the City Must Do To Retain Global Leadership
* Now More Than Ever, The Future is Online
* There is No Better Time to Start a Business
* Playing to Britain’s Strengths
Paths Back to Prosperity will be a day of lively arguments, bold ideas and broad horizons — in the inimitable Spectator style. We hope very much you will be able to join us.