Not all of us can be at the stadia during the games but being there is not the be all and end all, far from it. The length and breadth of the nation will be heard across the globe. So why should Britain's businesses back the Olympics?
- The London Olympics will generate est. £10bn in revenue for the British economy as a whole.
- 500,000 spectators per day will watch the Games live
- Over £8 billion of public funding is being invested to regenerate East London, helping make the Olympic Park one of the largest urban development projects in Europe and creating 2,818 new homes, of which 1,379 will be affordable housing.
- Around 27,500 accredited broadcasters, photographers and journalists are expected at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. This will communicate to a potential worldwide audience of four billion people, more than the entire population of the world when London last hosted the Olympic Games in 1948.
- There will be 580,000 square metres of high-tech office space in the Olympic Park and Stratford City after the games
- And its 3 weeks of non-stop sport!
So let's get out the Union Jacks, dust off the bunting (council approval required) and let's get the offices of the land ready for the greatest show on Earth. Let's show the World why we are still called Great Britain!
I've included an excellent infographic from TimeOut London below to help get you in the mood!
Information from - http://www.london2012.com & the UKTI - http://www.ukti.gov.uk/export/sectors/globalsportsprojects/olympics2012.html
Infographic from TimeOut -http://www.timeout.com/london/gallery/1321/london-2012-olympics-infographic