(Right: Julie Meyer at last year's Made Festival)
The festival will showcase the country’s brilliant business talent, with speakers such as Dragons' Den star Peter Jones CBE to leading entrepreneurs such as Luke Johnson, Lord Bilamoria (founder Cobra beer), Kanya King MBE (Founder of the MOBO's), Business Secretary Rt Hon Dr Vince Cable MP as well as Julie Meyer, founder of Entrepreneur Country and Ariadne Capital.
Described as “the Davos for entrepreneurs”, it brings together 3,000 British businesses with 50 high-profile speakers in venues across the city of Sheffield.
Many of these brilliant leaders return year on year because they can see with their own eyes just how important the Festival is as a beacon for entrepreneurs today. For a sense of the Festival take a look at https://vimeo.com/43069613
Thursday 20 September: Made in Britain
Brilliant panel discussions, keynote speeches, inspiration “shots”, exhibitions and fringe events on building and growing a British business. The day follows the entrepreneurial journey, from “My first 100 days” and practical tips on finding finance to scaling up and exit strategies.
Friday 21 September: Going Global
Supported by the UKTI, a one-day event dedicated to expanding your business overseas and tackling new international markets.
A full programme of activity can be found at www.madefestival.com/programme.
Here is a line-up of some of the events speakers.
• Edward Wray, founder of Betfair
• Emma Bridgewater
• Kanya King, founder, MOBO
• Peter Jones CBE, Dragon and founder, Peter Jones Enterprise Academy
• Lord Karan Bilimoria, founder and chairman, Cobra Beer
• Wayne Hemingway, co-founder, Red or Dead and Hemingway Design
• Luke Johnson, founder, Risk Capital Partners
• Kamal Ahmed, business editor, Sunday Telegraph
• Doug Richard, founder Dragons' Den panelist and founder, School for Startups
• Will Butler-Adams, managing director, Brompton
• Charles Morgan, chairman, Morgan Motor Company
• Will King, founder, King of Shaves
• Robin Rowland, CEO, Yo! Sushi
• James Lohan, founder, Mr & Mrs Smith
• Lord Young of Graffham, Prime Minister's Enterprise Advisor
• Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, Rt Hon Dr Vince Cable
• Mark Prisk, Minister for Business and Enterprise
• Rt Hon David Blunkett MP, former Home Secretary
• Nick Baird, chief executive, UKTI
Also, Entrepreneur Country founder Julie Meyer will be speaking at the event on Thursday 20th September on championing entrepreneurship in Europe. Find her full profile here
GET YOUR TICKET
If you don't want to miss out on one of the biggest business events of the year, book your place here