Applications for the Shell Springboard awards close at 5pm on Friday, 5th November 2010
Since being successfully piloted in 2005, Shell Springboard has judged over 900 entries and awarded over £1.6 million to 43 businesses across the UK.
Here’s how it works:
- Up to 6 awards of between £20,000 and £40,000 are on offer in each of 3 UK events
- The number and quality of entries will determine the number of awards given. Each region has a maximum number of awards it can give, but no minimum.
- The actual number of awards made, and the level of each award will be at the judges’ discretion.
- Awards will be made in early 2011
- Judging will be carried out by panels of independent experts at 3 events.
- Up to 2 businesses from each of the 3 events will then meet a national judging panel prior to the announcement of an overall UK winner
- Previous applicants can reapply for the fund
- Previous winners can only reapply for the fund with a new project. Projects previously supported by Shell Springboard will not be supported in subsequent years.
In short, the judges are looking for business plans for a product or service which:
- will lead to greenhouse gas emissions reductions
- is commercially viable
- is innovative
- There are two further aspects that the judges will take into consideration; 1) The likely material impact that the Springboard award will have on your project 2) the credibility of the team behind the project.
There are strict eligibility criteria. Please only submit an application if you:
- are a business set up as a sole trader, partnership, limited company or community interest company (including university or government spin-outs)
- have been established for a minimum of 3 months
- have less than 250 employees and qualify as a small or medium enterprise (SME)
- operate in the UK
- have a project which is your own and/or which you are free to disclose
- have a project that has not been previously supported by a Shell Springboard award
For further information check out the Shell Springboard website @ http://www.shellspringboard.org/home
Like this article and want to be part of Entrepreneur Country? Please click the relevant link below or leave a comment.
Linked In - http://linkd.in/ct1Rfy
Twitter - @Encountry