Mark is an American entrepreneur,angel investor and investment partner at GRP Partners after having worked with GRP for nearly 8 years as a two-time entrepreneur. Most recently Mark was Vice President, Product Management at Salesforce.com (NASDAQ: CRM) following its acquisition of Koral,where Mark was Founder and CEO. Prior to Koral, Mark was Founder and CEO of BuildOnline, the largest independent global content collaboration company focused on the engineering and construction sectors, which was acquired by SWORD Group (PARIS: SWP). Earlier in his career, Mark spent nearly ten years working for Accenture in Europe, Japan and the U.S.
Mark received a BA in Economics from the University of California, San Diego, and an MBA from the University of Chicago. He is a dual citizen of the US and the UK.
Mark founded Launchpad LA, a program designed to help mentor LA's most promising first-time startup CEO's. He runs the Southern California Venture Capital Alliance (VCA) and is on the board of advisors for the venture capital fund of the UCSD Rady School of Business.
Mark sits on the Boards of RingRevenue, GumGum and Ad.ly. He was formerly on the boards of EMN8, Qualys, Koral and BuildOnline.
- The Magic of the Irish: Dublin’s Resurgence on the Global Tech Scene
- On Launching a Brand – Upfront Ventures Four Months In
- Why Founders Can’t Afford to Have Any Weak Links
- How to Nail a Group Presentation
- How to Avoid a Product Mistake Many Teams Make
- Why Focusing On Only One Buyer Will Lose You Sales
- The One Key Person That Will Help You Improve Sales
- How To Make Better Phone Calls In Business
- To Sell Anything You Need To Know What Makes You Unique
- Why Most Sales Campaigns Don't Close
- Why Start-Ups Need A Well Articulated Strategy
- 8 Tips To Get the Most Out of Your Investors and Board
- Should You Consider Replacing Yourself as CEO?
- The Damaging Psychology of Down Rounds
- The Importance of Proprietory Deal Flow in Early-Stage VC
- Stop Trying to Catch Lightning in a Bottle
- How To Sell Your Roadmap Without Selling Your Soul
- How To Manage Relationships With Your VC
- Understanding the Consequences of the Business Decisions You Fudge On
- The Importance of Benevolent Dictators
- In 15 Years Half of US Universities May Be Bankrupt
- Beware of Ballers on a Budget
- Announcing a Deal I've Wanted to Talk About for a Year
- How To Configure Your Start-Up Team
- Wife Of A Start-Up Entrepreneur: How To Make It Work
- I'm Back. Why I Love January
- Entrepreneurs Don't Think Enough. Here's What You Can Do About It
- Would the Last Blackberry User Please Turn Out the Lights?
- The Valuable Unsung Heroes of Startups